J. W. Clarke
GSC was a motorcycle built in 1920 by J. W. Clarke of Kenilworth, Warwickshire
The machine, produced in April of 1920, was designed by Captain Smith-Clarke and resembled his earlier Kenilworth model.
The GSC had an ohv four-stroke John engine, with Whittle belt drive to a counter-shaft and then chain to the rear. The Kenilworth scooter-style was maintained by fitting 18-inch diameter spoked wheels.
An announcement, made in June, stated that preparations were under way for small numbers to be constructed, but nothing further came of the project.
Sources of Information
- The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press 2004 ISBN 1 86126 674 X