J. S. Smith
of Parliament Brass Works, Nottingham. Mechanical Engineers
of Goldsmith Place, and 210 Sherwood Street, Nottingham.
Started business at 30 Parliament Street, Nottingham
Later moved to Goldsmith Place and St. James Street, Nottingham.
1922 Director: R. Smith.
1937 Brass founders and engineers 
1948 Under the management of Reginald Smith, Chairman, and Peter Smith, Managing Director, the Company purchased land and works on Cinderhill Road, Bulwell, Nottingham and moved from Goldsmith Place, and also later from St. James Street to this works, which had been fitted with all the necessary machinery for making the numerous valves and fittings required for the home and export markets.
1965 Peter Smith, Joseph Samuel’s grandson, sold the business to the Bells Asbestos and Engineering Group and continued as Managing Director.
1969 Peter Smith bought back part of the business and formed Peter Smith Valve Co
Sources of Information
-  Peter Smith Valves