Roper motorcycles were produced from 1901 to 1905 by J. Roper of Curzon Street, Wolverhampton, who had a business that dealt mainly with motor fittings and gears.
These machines would have been typical of the era and very primitive in design. They were probably fitted with a De Dion or Minerva engine. During 1905 there was a slump in the motorcycle market, so the firm returned to making motor fittings.
Later the company moved to Villiers Street and manufactured motor fittings including gear for Sunbeam
Sources of Information
- The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press 2004 ISBN 1 86126 674 X
-  Wolverhampton Heritage and History Society
- Powered Vehicles made in the Black Country by Jim Boulton and Harold Parsons. Published 1990. ISBN 0 904015 30 0