Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 128,460 pages of information and 202,837 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
J. O’Mara and Sons was founded by James O'Mara, who originally began curing bacon in the basement of his house on Mungert Street.
1839 Premises was found on 30 Roches Street where a purpose built factory as built.
1906 O'Mara's bought out Donnelly's of Coombe and they subsequently became the second largesr bacon company in the country after Henry Denny and Sons.
1980's The factory was demolished to make way for the buildings there in the present day. O’Mara’s 100 year lease on the site on Roches Street ended on 18 June 1979.