Ixion Motor Manufacturing Co
of Great Tindal St, Ladywood, Birmingham
1912 By now they were using 3.5hp and water-cooled 4.25hp Precision engines and a 3.5hp JAP for the TT model. The motorcycles were fitted with two-speed Bowden gear, Saxon forks, oil tank mounted on the saddle tube, and fully enclosed chain final-drive.
1913-1917 For a list of the models and prices of motorcycles see the 1917 Red Book
Post War, the company moved to Smehwich, in Staffordshire, but only had one model. This was fitted with a 269cc Villiers engine, either with direct-belt drive or two speeds and chain-cum-belt drive.
1922 Only the latter was offered that year.
1923 Production ceased.
Sources of Information
- The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press 2004 ISBN 1 86126 674 X