Institute of Corrosion
1959 The British Association of Corrosion Engineers (BACE) was inaugurated at a meeting held on the 21st May.
1966 Renamed as the Institution of Corrosion Technology; offices move from Old Brompton Road to Ovington Place, London.
1969 The Government set up an investigation into the cost of corrosion to the UK and at ways in which this could be overcome.
1975 As a result the Institute of Corrosion Science and Technology was formed bringing together the Corrosion and Protection Association and the Institution of Corrosion Technology with 850 Members.
1982 Moved to the Institute of Metal Finishing's offices in Birmingham
1987 Moved to their own premises in Leighton Buzzard, at 17 Market Square
Sources of Information
-  Institute of Corrosion