Horseferry Road Power Station
An electricity generating station of the Westminster Electric Supply Corporation
c.1910 The station was built to replace the Millbank Street Power Station which was demolished to make way for the embankment road from the House of Commons towards Chelsea.
London County Council provided the company with a new site in Horseferry-road, and covered the cost of re-building the station and equipping it with similar size plant to that installed at Millbank street. Additional capacity was installed at the company's expenses.
As built, the building could hold 6.6 MW of steam turbine-driven plant generating direct-current at 440 volts.
The ultimate capacity would be about 14 MW of motor generator plant, the motors working with three-phase current at 6600 volts, supplied from the joint station belonging to the Westminster Electric Supply Corporation and the St. James's and Pall Mall Electric Light Co at Grove-road, transforming this to direct current at about 440 volts for supplying the Westminster district. 
Sources of Information
- The Engineer 1910/01/28
- The Times, Nov 26, 1926