Holland House Manufacturing Co
of 9 Holland Place, Glasgow (1899)
of Scotland Street, Glasgow (2019)
"The Holland House Electrical Co Ltd was formed in 1889 although the only records surviving date from 1906. Little is known of the company prior to the latter date as it suffered numerous financial crises and was forced into liquidation at least once. However, it is known that the company was originally located in Holland Place in Glasgow, subsequently moving premises three times to reach its present location in Scotland Street. The company trades in the manufacture and supply of electrical equipment, originally specializing in brass and light fittings for both commercial and domestic consumers."
1898 James McFarlane, works manager, and Holland House Manufacturing Co. patented "improvements in electric switches and fuses".
1906 Holland House Electrical Co was incorporated as a private company to acquire the Holland House Electrical Manufacturing Co., the business of Harold Watson.
2019 Holland House Electrical Co was still trading as a private company under the control of members of the Dunnet family
Sources of Information
-  National Register of Archives of Scotland
- Companies House filing