From Graces Guide
of Witton, Birmingham, 6. Telephone: BIRchfields 4545. Telegraphic Address: "Higswiton". (1937)
1912 Company founded by Walter Frank Higgs.
1912 Moved to the Witton site. Formerly in Sherbourne Street. Made electric motors.
1924 Moved to Perry Barr.
1933 Private company.
1937 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Industrial and Fractional Horse-power Electric Motors and Dynamos. Motor Generator Sets. Geared Motor Units. Motorised Polishing Spindles. Motorised Bench Grinders. Component Parts, etc. (Stand No. Cb.408)
1961 Agent stockists in fifty-four overseas markets. Manufacturers of electric motors and generators from fractional horsepower to 1,000 HP. Contractors to H.M. Government. 1,000 employees.
Sources of Information
- The Times, 15 June 1962