Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,344 pages of information and 230,027 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.


From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search
Dec 1921.
May 1928.

Previously Hayward Brothers (of Union Street) and Hayward Brothers and Eckstein

of 187-201 Union St., Borough, London, S.E.1.

1783 Business established.

The original Works and Head Offices of the Company were in Southwark.

1896 Company incorporated

Expanded in a less congested area at Enfield where a large auxiliary works was built.

1937 Engineers and building specialists. "Creti-o-Lux" Glazed Ferro-Concrete Constructions. "Reform" Roof Glazing and Lanterns. "Steelock" Fire-resisting Staircases.

1938 Address of Union St., Borough, London, S.E.1. Collapsible gates, ventilators and other building specialties.

1961 Light constructional engineers, manufacturing metal windows, patent glazing, roof lights, fire escape staircases and balustrading, and steel doors. 250 employees.

See Also


Sources of Information