Harry William Wolton
Harry William Wolton (1887-1943)
1944 Obituary 
HARRY WILLIAM WOLTON. whose death occurred on 13th September 1943, was elected an Associate Member of the Institution in 1917. In addition he was an Associate Member of the Institution of Electrical Engineers.
He was born in 1887 and received his education at Sidcup College, Kent. After serving his apprenticeship with Edmundson's Electricity Corporation at the Folkestone generating station from 1904 to 1907 he became charge engineer to the North Metropolitan Electric Power Company, and later chief assistant engineer for the Enfield district. On the completion of a short appointment as assistant engineer on the commercial side of the City of Birmingham's electric supply department he became, in 1912, technical engineer representative for the A. E. G. Company, of Germany, for whom he was concerned in the sale of electric welding plant in this country.
He was also engaged in the layout of similar plant for Messrs. James and Company of Smethwick, for whom he took over, two years later, the duties of chief works engineer. He also had charge of extensive machinery and plant, including hydraulic hammers, stretching, and shearing machines, for the manufacture of steel rims. He remained with that firm until 1927 when he joined the Dunlop Rubber Company as technical engineer. A year later he became managing director of the Jones Engineering Company, Ltd., steel rim manufacturers, Birmingham.
His final position, which he held from 1930, was that of managing director of the British Federal Welder and Machine Company, Ltd., of the same city.