H. W. Boulton
Penn Nib were motorcycles produced in 1925, annd made by H. W. Boulton, owner of the Penn Garage, Lloyd Hill, Penn, Wolverhampton.
1925 Only a small numbers of motorcycles were made. These were fitted with two-stroke and four-stroke Royal Ruby engines, proprietary gearboxes and Druid forks. The distinguishing feature that gave them their name was the fuel tank, which was formed and painted to resemble a pen-nib.
The business, as the garage and its contents, was sold in November, 1925, and no further machines were made.
- Note: After the garage had been sold, Bill Boulton got a job with AJS, as a tester. Shortly before AJS went into liquidation, Bill was out testing a machine on the Hermitage at Bridgnorth. He took a fall and hurt his arm and hand, which put an end to his testing career.
Sources of Information
- The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press 2004 ISBN 1 86126 674 X
-  Wolverhampton Heritage and History Society