Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 132,188 pages of information and 209,710 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Chancellor Road, London, W6 and Wellington Foundry, Lincoln.
Manufacturers and suppliers of pumps in Great Britain.
1927 Gwynnes Engineering Co's car factory had been sold previously by the receiver; the Hammersmith iron works, which made pumps, continued in operation; a "working arrangement" had now been made with William Foster and Co of Lincoln and a new company Gwynnes Pumps was formed to acquire the business and assets of Gwynnes Engineering Co which was in liquidation. The manufacturing work would eventually be transferred to Lincoln. Sir William Tritton became chairman of Gwynnes Pumps.
1937 Fire appliances and apparatus.
1963 Reorganisation of W. H. Allen, Sons and Co led to concentration of hydraulics business at Lincoln and renaming it as Allen Gwynnes Pumps of Lincoln, with staff transferred to Lincoln from Bedford and Hammersmith, and the Hammersmith premises sold.