Guest and Barrow
From Graces Guide
Guest and Barrow Laundry engineers and cycle manufacturers of 276 Broad St., Birmingham (1887); of Tower Works, Tower Road, Birmingham (1893); of Aston, Birmingham.
1887 Guest's Patent Steam Washer.
1890 Jan/Feb. The Stanley Exhibition of Cycles at the Crystal Palace. Bicycle. British Star sprung framed bicycle.
1890s. Safety Bicycle. Seen at the National Cycle Collection
1893 One of only 2 Birmingham cycle manufacturers exhibiting at the Chicago Trade Fair.
1893 Ariel name re-registered by Guest and Barrow.
1894 Messrs Guest and Barrow retired from the business and sold their works by auction including machinery and the stock of cycles consisting of 25 "Humber" pattern with pneumatic tyres as well as "Safeties" with solid and cushion tyres.
Sources of Information
- Birmingham Daily Post, 31 December 1887
- Birmingham Daily Post, 18 September 1893
- The World guide to automobile manufacturers, by Nick Baldwin, Brian Laban. 1987
- Birmingham Daily Post, 12 March 1894
- The Engineer of 7th February 1890 p107