Grimshaw, Baxter and J. J. Elliott
of 29-37 Goswell Road, London, EC1. (1922)
Ditto Address. Telephone: Clerkenwell 4936, Cables: "Grimshaws - Clerkenwell". (1947)
See also Grimshaw and Baxter
Grimshaw, Baxter and J. J. Elliott (GBJJE) was a watchmaking firm that was apparently in business from 1909 to 1921, during which time a number of models and styles of clocks and watches were manufactured. It appears that the firm Grimshaw Baxter, which continued after the dissolution of GBJJE in 1921, continued to use the full name of Grimshaw, Baxter and J.J. Elliott at least until 1958.
1865 James Jones Elliott of 156 Cheapside, in the City of London, was apprenticed to "Bateman" of 82 St John Street, Smithfield, London, to learn the art of clock-making.
It was not obvious at the time, but this was to be the origin of a company that would achieve a worldwide reputation as a manufacturer of the fine quality Elliott of London clock.
J. J. Elliott specialised, initially, in producing pinions and balance shafts, he progressed to making, and patenting, a weight driven movement which had chimes on tubes. This original Elliott clock was very successful and resulted in considerable trade with America.
James Elliott's son, Frank Westcombe Elliott, was originally entering the retail trade as, when he was 17 years old, his father bought a partnership with a jeweller called Walden of Brompton Road, London.
1904 On the 16 April, J. J. Elliott died and Frank succeeded him to run the clockmaking business.
1909 the clockmakers company of J. J. Elliott amalgamated with Grimshaw, Baxter.
1911 The factory moved to Grays Inn Lane, London.
1917 A further move to larger premises in St Anns Road, Tottenham, London, took place.
1921 the partnership with Grimshaw Baxter was dissolved and Frank Elliott joined a well known firm of Bell Founders and Clockmakers, Gillett and Johnston, in Croydon.
1922 Listed Exhibitor. Grandfather and Bracket Clocks (chiming on Tubes, Bells and Gongs) Strikes and Timepieces, Railway and Dial Clocks, Ships' Levers, also Watches. (Stand No. E.6) 
1923, he took over their clock factory and formed the famous company of F .W. Elliott. He was joined by his two sons, Leonard and Horace Elliott, who had served their apprenticeships in the trade.
1929 The third son, Ronald, joined the company.
1939 Elliott's started to produce clocks for the armed forces when war was declared in 1939, together with test gear and apparatus for the Rolls-Royce engines used in the RAF planes.
1943 The factory was hit by incendiary bombs, on two occasions, but production was not seriously affected.
1944 Frank Elliott died at the age of 69 and Horace Elliott assumed the role of Managing Director; Horace controlled sales from a showroom in Hatton Garden.
1947 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Producers of Clocks and Watches of every description for Home and Export. (Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. E.1714) 
1952, Horace Elliott was elected Chairman of the British Horological Institute in the same year as Tony, one of Horace's sons, joined the company after training in cabinet making.
Tony Elliott was appointed manager of the cabinet shop.
1966 Ronald Elliott died suddenly, at the age of 54, his son Peter had joined the company in January of the same year, having been trained as an engineer at Vickers Instruments Ltd.
1969 Peter Elliott was appointed as a Director.
-  Grimshaw origin website