Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,138 pages of information and 233,680 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
This was a flax spinning mill located at the junction of Conway Street and Falls Road.
1924 OBITUARY. Mr. T. M. Greeves. We regret to announce the death of Mr. Thomas Malcomson Greeves, who died at his residence, Tweskard, Strandtown, on Sunday, at the age of 90.
A man of wonderful business acumen, Mr. T. M. Greeves founded, along with his brother, the late Mr. John Greeves, the firm of J. & T. M. Greeves, spinners, Falls Road. The firm has been existence now for about 60 years, and Greeves’ Mill is one of the largest and best-equipped spinning mills in the North of Ireland. Mr. Greeves retired from taking an active part in the running of the mill some years ago owing his advancing age, but retained to the last his position as senior director. The business will be carried on by the sons of his brother, John Greeves, and by his own sons, Malcolm M'Gregor, Fergus, and Alfred. Two other sons, Ridgway and Leopold, are the head of the prosperous firm Ridgway Greeves & Co., linen manufacturers, in Ormeau Avenue. ....'
The exterior of the mill featured briefly in the 1947 film 'Odd Man Out'. Stills from the film here.