Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,965 pages of information and 230,152 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
The firm of Goddard and Massey started with Henry Goddard and appears to have had its origins in Nottingham between c1844-48.
In 1848 Henry Goddard is listed as an ironmonger and stove grate manufacturer with premises in Clumber Street - Clinton Street, but he does not appear in earlier directories. Goddard was awarded a Prize Medal, Class 22, at the 1851 Crystal Palace Exhibition for his Patent Economical Cooking Apparatus.
By 1855 Henry Goddard is recorded as being a stove, grate and kitchen range maker of Castle Gate. Henry died c1862, and control of the firm, now based at Alfred Foundry, Alfred Street North, passed to his son Frederick.
By 1874 Edward Massey had become a partner, and the firm of Goddard and Massey then moved to Traffic Street. Around this time the firm widened its operations from primarily foundry work and cooking equipment to general engineering on a large scale.
1888 William Warner joined the company and it became Goddard, Massey and Warner.
Warner invented and held some thirty patents for machinery etc, mostly dealing with the disposal of sewage and town refuse, and It was claimed that his methods were adopted by municipal bodies including Dublin, York, Newcastle-on-Tyne, Plymouth, Belfast, Sydney, N.S.W., Madras, Durban and East London, Hong Kong and Shanghai.
Between incorporation in 1898 and the closure of the company c1913, G M & W also advertised themselves as specializing in general colliery plant, including headgears, engines, pumps etc
(Information from a variety of Nottingham Trade Directories)
1898 The company was registered on 21 September, to take over the business of engineers of the firm of the same name. 
1902 Two engines for Poole Corporation (Main Drainage Station).
1905 Received order for head gear for New Moss Colliery, Audenshaw, and for water pumping equipment for Uxbridge
c.1913 Company closed