Gloucester and Dean Forest Railway
This 8 mile line ran from Gloucester to Grange Court Junction with a 7.5 mile branch to Awre. It was Great Western Railway supported and operated
1851 Line opened.
1854 an extension was built to Llanthoney in Gloucester.
1870 the broad gauge was converted to standard.
1874 the line was absorbed by the Great Western Railway
Sources of Information
- Encyclopedia of British Railway Companies by Christopher Awdry. Published 1990