Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 140,776 pages of information and 227,393 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Gibson and Sons (Ltd), of the Harvey Pottery, Lingard Street, Burslem (1885), earthenware manufacturer
of Albany Pottery, Moorland Road, Burslem (to 1965)
Previously was Gibson and Sudlow
1885 Became Gibson and Sons
1905 Gibson and Sons became a limited company; then traded as Gibson and Sons Ltd.
c.1907-1910 manufactured the Largest Teapot in the World which held 1024 cups of tea.
1965 the Albany Pottery was too large for the business which was moved to Howard Pottery, Norfolk Street, Shelton (with Royal Winton).