Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 138,877 pages of information and 225,311 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of 5 Coleman Street, London EC
1778 Joseph Trollope formed George Trollope and Sons.
1840 Benjamin Colls formed Colls and Sons.
1903 The company was registered on 30 November, to amalgamate the building businesses of George Trollope and Sons and Colls and Sons. The two companies were united and incorporated as George Trollope and Sons and Colls and Sons, otherwise known as Trollope and Colls.
1914 Builders, contractors, decorators and furnishers. 
George Haward Trollope served as joint chairman until 1910 with Howard Colls, who had a great technical understanding of reinforced concrete, structural steel, and other innovations in construction.
1910 Following Colls's death Trollope became sole chairman.
Dr Oscar Faber was recruited as the firm's first chief engineer.
WWI The company constructed factories, hospitals, camps, aerodromes, and an aeroplane factory at Oldham which was the largest in Britain under a single roof (covering 6 acres).
Post WWI construction of several large banks, including the Hongkong and Shanghai Bank building at a cost of £1 million.
1924 Trollope retired.