George Robert Dalkin
George Robert Dalkin (c1889-1943)
1944 Obituary 
GEORGE ROBERT DALKIN, whose death in his fifty-fourth year occurred on 24th December 1943, was elected a Graduate of the Institution in 1910, and was transferred to Associate Membership in 1917, and to Membership in 1925. He served his apprenticeship with Messrs. Teasdale Brothers, Ltd., of Darlington from 1905 to 1912.
His first employment was on the mechanical staff of the Cleveland and Durham Power Company, with whom he continued for three years. In 1916 he went to Canada where he spent the remainder of his life. His first appointment was in the City Engineering Department, Montreal, but in the same year he joined H.M. Forces and served for a brief period in the Canadian Engineers, transferring later to the engineering staff of the Imperial Munitions Board at Ottawa. From 1918 he was junior partner in the firm of Messrs. Jardine and Company, but in 1921 he accepted an appointment as assistant engineer to the Harbour Commissioners of Montreal and began an association which lasted for twenty-three years.
Later Mr. Dalkin was promoted to be assistant chief engineer with the charge of all mechanical and electrical work undertaken by the Commissioners.