of 11 to 13 Chambers Street, Edinburgh, Scotland. Telephone: Edinburgh 21684-23347. Cables: "Harrison, Edinburgh". London Office: 25 Savile Row, W1.
- George Harrison began his career as an apprentice with an Edinburgh tailor.
- 1838 His first business venture was with a partner in establishing a business of wool drapers, hatters and hosiers.
- 1863 Twenty five years later he bought over an existing firm of woollen merchants, J. and A. Ogilvy, changing the name to George Harrison and Co.
- 1947 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Producers of Trade Mark "Thistle" for Woollen Cloth for Men and Women. Suitings, Coatings, Flannels, Trouserings, Dress-coatings, Sportscloths, Gabardines, Riding Tweeds. Tropicals, Tartans, Linings, also Scarves and Rugs. (Earls Court, Ground Floor, Stand No. 299) 
- Note: (09/08)
- The company, now known as Harrisons of Edinburgh, has its own website: 
Sources of Information