Frederick Charles Bullmore
Frederick Charles Bullmore (1842-1887)
1888 Obituary 
FREDERICK CHARLES BULLMORE, son of a medical practitioner of Falmouth, was born on the 4th of August, 1842, and received his education at the Falmouth Classical School.
In 1861 he was articled for four years to the late Mr. C. G. Blatchley, M.Inst.C.E., then Resident Engineer of the Cornwall Railway, and was engaged upon the construction of that line between Truro and Falmouth.
In December 1865 Mr. Bullmore, having received an appointment as Assistant Engineer on the Madras Railway, proceeded to India. He was successively engaged in superintending the construction of three districts of the North-West line, aggregating a length of 40 miles, and was in 1867 promoted from the fourth to the third class.
In August 1870 his services were dispensed with owing to the completion of the work upon which he was engaged, and in the following month he joined the Engineering Staff of the Carnatic Railway, and was engaged upon the preliminary surveys of that line at various points between Madras and Porto Novo.
On the amalgamation of the Carnatic and Great Southern of India Companies into the South Indian Railway Company in 1874, Mr. Bullmore’s services were retained on the Staff of the latter, and he was engaged on the construction of District 2, a length of 16 miles, which he completed without the intervention of a contractor.
In August 1876 he left the South Indian Railway, consequent upon the completion of his work, and the Directors of that Company testified their satisfaction with the manner in which he had performed his duties by making him a special grant.
In June 1877 Mr. Bullmore re-entered the service of the Madras Railway Company, and was employed until his decease in the maintenance of various divisions of that line.
He died at Bangalore on the 18th of September, 1887, of enteric fever. The Officiating Chief Engineer of the Madras Railway commenting upon the serious loss to the Company’s staff of so valuable an officer, states that Mr. Bullmore rendered excellent service in whatever post he occupied.
Mr. Bullmore was elected an Associate of the Institution on the 1st of December, 1868, and was transferred to the class of Members on the 6th of March, 1877.