Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,103 pages of information and 233,633 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Frank Walter Scott (1864-1897) of George Scott and Son
1864 Born the son of Frank Walter Scott
1891 Married at Hampstead to Anne Gertrude Gibson
1897 Obituary 
FRANK WALTER SCOTT was born in London on 3rd November 1864.
Having been educated at Worthing and King's College School, he served an apprenticeship from 1881 to 1883 with Messrs. Langen and Hundhausen, engineers, Grevenbroich, Rhenish Prussia, afterwards remaining a year with them as draughtsman.
In 1884 he entered his father's engineering business, Messrs. George Scott and Son, Whitechapel, London, and in 1888 was taken into partnership.
He designed and constructed the gas-compressing machinery for Professor Dewar at the Royal Institution, and made several improvements in hydraulic machinery &c.
Ill health, brought on by overwork, compelled him to give up business; and he died at Totland, Isle of Wight, on 22nd July 1897, in his thirty-third year.
He became a Member of this Institution in 1891.
1897 Obituary 
FRANK WALTER SCOTT, Junior, was born in London on the 3rd November, 1864.
After being educated at Worthing and at King’s College, Strand, he was articled in 1881 to Messrs. Langen and Hundhausen, engineers, of Grevenbroich in the Rhine Province.
In 1884 he entered the firm of George Scott and Sons, engineers, of Christian Street, E., of which his father is the head. He was subsequently placed in charge of the drawing office, and in June, 1888, became a partner in the firm. He was an indefatigable worker, and took the keenest interest in all matters connected with the profession. He designed and constructed a gas-compressing plant at the Royal Institution and made several improvements in hydraulic machinery.
Ill health, caused by overwork, compelled him to give up business, and he died at Totland, in the Isle of Wight, on the 22nd July, 1897.
Mr. Scott was elected an Associate Member on the 14th January, 1890.