Lt. Col. Francis Richard Collins (c1874- )
Colonial Auxilliary Forces Officers Dectn., Officer Legion of Honour.
- Almondbury Grammar School.
- Huddersfield Technical School.
- Crewe Works, L.N.W. as apprentice and pupil. Draughtsman, Locomotive Foreman, L.N.W. Attached R.E., South African War.
- District Locomotive Superintendent, Works Manager, C.S.A.R.
- Superintendent Mechanical, S.A.R.
- 1914-15 Commanded S.A. Engineering Corps, S.W. Africa (despatches).
- 1917-18 Commanded S.A. Railway Troops, France, (despatches, D.S.O., Officer Legion of Honour).
- A.D.L.R. V.Army.
- 1919 Inspection, North America.
- 1920-22 Advisory Engineer to H.C. for S. Africa in London.
- 1922-29 Chief Mechanical Engineer, S.A. Railways (retired).
- 1937-38 President, Institution of Locomotive Engineers.
Sources of Information