Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,417 pages of information and 233,868 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Forth Chemicals

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search
1963.

1950 A new plant to make styrene monomer was built by a new company, Forth Chemicals Ltd, which was owned two-thirds by Anglo Iranian Oil and one third by Monsanto Chemicals Ltd - this was part of a plan to make derivatives from the petrochemicals made by the main plant at Grangemouth[1].

1956 British Petroleum Chemicals Ltd was renamed British Hydrocarbon Chemicals. It had 2 subsidiaries - Forth Chemicals and Grange Chemicals. Expansion at Grangemouth was progressing well; new butadiene plant was nearly complete[2].

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. The Times, 16 September 1950
  2. The Times, 23 August 1956