of Ravenhead, St. Helens, Lancs.
Late 1920s Chance Brothers and Co started making glass fibre at Firhill, Glasgow
1938 Pilkington Brothers acquired an interest in the business
1944 Glass Fibre was reorganized as Fibreglass and a new works was erected at Ravenhead, St. Helens, for the production of insulation materials. Early development in the manufacture of glass fibre reinforcements was carried out at Firhill and at Birkenhead.
By 1945 Pilkington had acquired a 50 per cent shareholding in Chance Brothers.
By 1951 Chance had become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pilkington.