From Graces Guide
The Electrical Standardising, Testing, and Training Institution
1890 Robert Hammond founded the "The Electrical Standardising Testing and Training Institution" on 1st January for standardizing meters in the new industry, for testing meters, and for training engineers. It was set up in temporary premises in Adam St, Adelphi.
1891 Moved to purpose-built premises in Charing Cross Road which were to be called Faraday House.
Closed July 1967
Now occupied by Syracuse University
Sources of Information
- see his obituary
- The Times, Feb 18, 1891