F. S. Biggs
of Guildford Street, Luton.
Ladies' Hat Manufacturer
Established in 1892 by H. H. George & Co., acquired in 1897 by Fitzroy S. Biggs, the present principal, previously Manager. Introduced shaded dyes to hats in 1900, which gave shot effects.
1914 The pioneer of Chiffon and Millinery Hats in Luton, now a very large business. Premises: Large factory and warehouse in Guildford Street, recently built to concentrate all the branch factories. Staff: Over 500. Specialities: Manufacture almost every kind of Ladies' and Girls' Hats. Invention: Shot Dyeing on Plait and Hats