of Garden Pencil Works, Stapleford, Nottingham.
Ditto Address. Telephone: Sandiacre 29. Cables: "Pencils, Stapleford, Notts". (1929)
- The company was established by Fred Chambers, foundry manager at Stanton Iron Works and a Mr Brown, a timber merchant from Nottingham.
- 1913 They founded the CB Syndicate at Mitcham, Surrey, and were joined by a Professor Hinchley a Chemist with pencil making knowledge.
- In anticipation of the coming war, they were aware that a very high percentage of the pencils used in England were imported and that there would be a shortage.
- 1915 Fred Chambers bought out Mr Brown and formed F. Chambers and Co, and moved to an old lace factory at Stapleford, Nottingham.
- 1922 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Lead Pencils, Copying Pencils, Coloured chalks, Checking Pencils, Crayons, Pastels, of all grades, to suit requirements of all markets. (Stand No. K.163) 
- 1929 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Pencils in all grades of Black Lead, Colours, and Copying Inks. Made from Empire Cedar. (Stand No. R.128) 
- 1931 Chambers were the first to produce cosmetic pencils for Boots the chemist.
- 1973 The factory moved from Stapleford to new premises at Sandiacre, Derbyshire, and remained there for many years.
- 1991 In March, it was bought out by German based Lyra Company.
Sources of Information
-  Chambers Pencils Website