Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,974 pages of information and 229,093 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Tyburn Road, Erdington, Birmingham. Telephone: East 1121. Telegraphic Address: "Ether, Birmingham". (1937)
of Guildford, Surrey (1983)
1809 Company founded as Richard Evered and Son.
1851 Exhibited at the Great Exhibition at Crystal Palace.
1869 London office established in Drury Lane.
1884 The company was registered on 14 August, to take over the business of Richard Evered and Co, brass and iron founders. 
1900 Employed 1,000 in their Birmingham works and 300 in their Smethwick works
1914 Brassfounders, Bedstead Makers and Tube Drawers. Specialities: Gas Light and Water Fittings, Electric Light Fittings and Electric Bells, Cabinet Brassfoundry of every description, Metallic Bedsteads, Cots and Wire Mattresses, Brass and Copper Tubes, Rolled Metals etc. Employees 1,000. 
1922 Private company.
1937 Company made public.
1937 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Temperature Measuring Instruments, including Indicating Pyrometers, Temperature Recorders, Automatic Temperature Controllers for Gas, Oil, Electric Furnaces, Molten Metal Pyrometers, Surface Contact Pyrometers, Optical Radiation Pyrometers, Moving-Coil Galvanometers, Thermometers. (Stand Nos. Cb817 and Cb.716) 
1961 Manufacturers of brass and copper tubes, rolled metals, gas and water fittings, plastic mouldings, metal bedsteads and hot brass stampings. 1,000 employees. 
By 1970 was known as Evered and Co Holdings
1975 Plan to sell off the industrial products division failed when the metals market turned down. Instead Evered Holdings sold its Security products business - possibly Evered Security Products?
1980 Two-thirds of turnover came from non-ferrous strip, tube and extrusions; also made castors and wheels for furniture, and locks and security systems
1988 Change of emphasis in the company, moving from focus on engineering materials to building materials and quarrying, led to a change in the top management and arrival of a new chairman with less emphasis on making deals to unlock potential acquisitions. The group HQ would move to Birmingham.
1988 Swapped its house-building business, Fletcher and Border Homes, with Raine Industries for its quarry and building materials businesses, Aberdeen Construction including John Fyfe and Hall and Tawse. Acquired Pocklington Blocks, including its subsidiariy Precast Concrete Industries, as well as 2 companies in USA
c.1990 Management buyout of the Polymers Division as Wellington Holdings
2005 EIP Metals became a wholly owned subsidiary of Prymetall Gmbh and Co KG., and a member of the Norddeutsche Affinerie AG (NA) Family. This resulted in a relocation to new purpose-built premises at Rabone Lane, Smethwick, West Midlands.