March 1872. Charles Ernest Rowbottom born in London.
October 1905 Ernest Rowbottom becomes a director of the Motor Car Emporium.
January 1907 Rowbottom, the general manager of the London Electrobus Company, becomes a director of the Electric Van Wagon and Omnibus Company.
24 October 1907 Rowbottom becomes a director of Improved Electric Traction.
21 April 1908 Rowbottom resigns as director of London Electrobus Company (date of appointment unknown).
Rowbottom severs connection with Edward Lehwess and turns his attention to importing electric vehicles from America.
Sources of Information
- ↑ Motor Car Emporium, BT 31/15868/54970, The National Archives
- ↑ Mick Hamer, A Most Deliberate Swindle, RedDoor, 2017, p. 80
- ↑ Improved Electric Traction, BT 31/11428/87822, The National Archives
- ↑ London Electrobus Company, BT 31/17731/88381
- ↑ Commercial Motor, 27 August 1908, p. 590
- A Most Deliberate Swindle by Mick Hamer. 2017. ISBN: 978-1910453-42-1