Ernest Alderson Calvert (1866-1951), Consulting Engineer and Commercial Artist.
1866 Born the son of William Calvert, Clergyman - Vicar of Kentish Town.
- After wide technical training, and short periods with Solicitors and in Wargrave Military and Civil Service College, Mr Calvert became Engineering Draughtsman with various firms including Thornycroft and Co., Easton, Anderson and Goulden, J. Simpson and Co., Babcock and Wilcox, etc.;
- Chief Draughtsman and Assistant Manager, General Inventions Syndicate, Ewan Pratt and Co., and Cowper, Coles and Co.;
- For several years Consultant and Design of Inventions, Drawing in connection therewith, Surveying and Engineering for Law Cases, etc.
- During WWI, Draughtsman and Spring Tester, Great Eastern Railway, and Ambulance work.
- 10 years Fire Brigade Service.
Sources of Information