Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 146,909 pages of information and 232,835 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
By the 1760s the company was employing capital of £150,000 subscribed by merchants and "gentlemen", especially from the London area.
c.1841 The English Copper Company continued their operations at the Cambrian works until around 1841.
1840s Rapid expansion of the Cwmavon works
1845 The Taibach Copper Works produced coins for Singapore and India.
1848 The Bank of England took over the mortgage of the Cwmavon works
1849 The Llanelly Copperworks Co took over the disused Cambrian Copperworks and converted it into a lead and silver smelting works.
1852 The Cwmavon works was transferred to a reconstituted Company of Common Miners.
1875 The English Copper Co was put into liquidation. The Cwmavon works was operated by a company established for the purpose (the Copper Miners Tinplate Co)
1906 Rio Tinto Co disposed of the copper section of the company.