Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,374 pages of information and 230,039 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
The Electric Apparatus Co, 5 Great St Thomas Apostle, London
1884 March. Company formed. Upon terms of an agreement of the 24th ult., this company proposes to purchase the business of wholesale and retail dealers electric apparatus, carried on by Gustav Binswanger, at 4, Trafalgar Buildings, Charing Cross. It was registered on the 27th ult., with a capital of £12,000, in £10 shares. The consideration is £6,000 in fully paid shares, and the net cost price of the stock-in-trade and other effects, less 10 per cent discount. The company ie also to have the option, within 12 months, of purchasing the business carried on by the vendor, at 29, Aldermanbury, for £2,000 in cash, and £2,000 in fully-paid shares. The subscribers denoted by asterisk are the first directors. Each person holds one share. The subscribers are- 
1887 Products included electric bell sets, accumulators, laryngoscopes and photophore for medical purposes; demonstrated at annual exhibition of the Royal Cornwall Polytechnic society together with novelties such as hatpins; the Falmouth agent was W.S.Olver.
1887 New type of bichromate battery demonstrated; this was devised by A. Friedlaender of Berlin; it was portable and was demonstrated in conjunction with Swan glow lamps.
1889 Company voluntarily wound up
1914 Report of a strike by 150 lads employed by the Electrical Apparatus Co, South Lambeth Road.
1954 Advert for Draughtsman by the Electrical Apparatus Co, New Barnes Avenue, St. Albans.