Edward Williamson (c1859-1940)
1941 Obituary 
EDWARD WILLIAMSON was associated for thirty-four years with Messrs. Manlove, Alliott and Company, Ltd., of Nottingham, first in the capacity of engineering representative and, since 1913, as London manager. He was personally responsible for the installation of boilers, pumps, and laundry machinery at the Royal Naval hospitals at Chatham and Haslar, the King Edward Memorial Hospital at Lahore, the West Suffolk Hospital, and the Royal Air Force station at Cranwell, as well as for many other important contracts: he was also responsible for the fitting of oil fuel galleys for HMS Hood and other vessels.
He gained his early training from 1877 to 1883 in his father's factory under the instruction of his uncle, Mr. C. B. Williamson, an engineer manufacturing special woodworking and other machinery. On completing his training he became assistant manager in a firm owned by another uncle in High Holborn. Subsequently he went into business as a maker of laundry machinery, with works in Hackney, where he remained in control from 1890 until he joined Messrs. Manlove in 1902. Mr. Williamson retired in 1936 and lived at Hurlingham, where his death occurred on 6th November 1940, in his eighty-first year.
He was elected an Associate Member of the Institution in 1899 and was transferred to Membership in 1921.