Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 144,341 pages of information and 230,176 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Edward Sanderson Tozer (1857-1907) of Steel, Peech and Tozer
1857 Born the son of Edward Tozer and his wife Fanny
1881 Living at 16 Lawson Road, Eccleshall Bierlow (age 24 born Sheffield), Secretary to Steel Company. With his parents Edward (age 61 born Bristol), Steel Manufacturer, and Fanny (age 52 born Burgh le Marsh, Lincoln). Also siblings William (age 22), Steel Manager; Mary Ann (age 20) and Kate (age 18). Plus two servants). 
1891 Living at Crabtree Lodge, Brightside Bierlow (age 34 born Sheffield), Steel Manufacturer. Living with his widow mother Fanny (age 62) and his sisters Fanny L. and Kate (Appleby) and his brother-in-law Edmund G. Appleby. Plus three servants 
Obituary 1907 
. . . Born in 1857, the elder son of Edward Tozer . . . and entered the Phoenix Works, Ickles, of which his father was one of the proprietors of Steel, Peech and Tozer . . . [more]
1907 Obituary 
EDWARD SANDERSON TOZER was born at Sheffield on 12th February 1857.
He was educated at the Sheffield Grammar School and St. Peter's College, York, and completed his studies in Paris.
Having been trained for a commercial career, he joined, in 1875, the firm of Messrs. Steel, Peech and Tozer of the Phoenix Special Steel Works, Sheffield, as secretary, and was elected to a seat on the Board in 1900. This firm is noted for the manufacture of railway material, heavy forgings, and special qualities of steel, and he took an active part in the management of the business. It was largely due to his energy and foresight that many developments and extensions have taken place.
He took an interest in the Volunteers, and was Colonel of the 1st West York Royal Engineers (Volunteers).
His death took place at his residence in Sheffield on 8th December 1907, in his fifty-first year.
He became an Associate of this Institution in 1887.