Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,009 pages of information and 229,287 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Edward Henry William Partridge (? - 1947)
1948 Obituary 
Major EDWARD HENRY WILLIAM PARTRIDGE, O.B.E. R.A.S.C., was educated at Uppingham and the Potora Royal School, Enniskillen, and later studied engineering at University College and at the City and Guilds College, London.
After completing a three years' apprenticeship at the Thames Ironworks, in 1903, he was employed as assistant contract engineer with Messrs. Bergtheil and Young and subsequently occupied a similar position with Messrs. Geipel and Lange.
From 1908 to 1914 he was works manager to Messrs. Southern Automobiles, Ltd., of Blackheath.
During the war of 1914-18 he served overseas with distinction in the Royal Army. Service Corps, being mentioned four times in dispatches.
In 1920 he was attached to the War Office as inspector of mechanical transport, and subsequently he became chief mechanical transport officer in the stores department of the India Office. Latterly he had been associated with Messrs. Maudslay Motors, Ltd.
He formed the Alcester Engineering Company, Ltd., in 1945, being Managing Director.
Major Partridge was elected an Associate Member of the Institution in 1920 and was transferred to Membership in 1922. He was awarded the O.B.E., and the Portuguese Order of the Avies, for war service; he was number three in membership of the British Legion.
His death occurred on 12th August 1947.