Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,973 pages of information and 229,026 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Edward Comerford (1865-1942)
1944 Obituary 
EDWARD COMERFORD was born in 1865 and served his apprenticeship with Messrs. Fawcett, Preston and Company, of Liverpool, from 1885 to 1888, in whose employment he continued as draughtsman for a further six years. He then entered the drawing office of the White Star Steamship Company's shore establishment and later was made chief draughtsman.
Some six years later he went to South Africa, where he was employed as erector by the Leicester Diamond Mine Company, of Kimberley. On his return to England in 1899 he was engaged by the Sandycroft Electric Company, Chester, as engineer. After holding this position until 1908 he joined his brother as partner in the family firm of Messrs. James Comerford and Sons, flour millers, Rathdrum, Co. Wicklow. Mr. Comerford was responsible for various improvements in the plant and for the reorganization of the layout of the mills, and continued in business until his death, which occurred on 19th August 1942.
He had been an Associate Member of the Institution since 1896.