Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,337 pages of information and 233,846 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Edmundsons' Electricity Corporation, of London
Also described as Edmundson's Electric Supply Corporation.
1897 Public company formed to acquire Edmundsons Ltd, engineers and electricians, of 19 Great George St. Also funds raised would be to fund central station lighting in Folkestone, Winchester, Salisbury, Ventnor; a similar contract had been carried out at Shrewsbury and had been operating for a year; the company intended to retain a considerable interest in these companies
By 1908 had interests in nearly 50 local electricity supply undertakings
1925 of Millbank, Westminster. Designers of large turbo-alternators and stations for the National Grid.
1928 Greater London and Counties Trust acquired control of the company
1930 Controlled 72 electricity supply undertakings
1935 Controlled 99 electricity supply undertakings; raised funds for more acquisitions
1938 Process began of consolidation of the supply undertakings into a small number of operating companies
1947 Owned 6 main subsidiaries and controlled 12 others. Supplied about one-quarter of all electricity consumers in the country. 
1948 Nationalised by the government