Eddington were motorcycles produced in 1904.
Following on from tandem tricycles, the company offered two motorised models in 1904.
Firstly there was a 3hp motorcycle with twin rear-wheels, with the drive to their axle by chain through a Dupont two-speed gear. Behind the driver and between the rear wheels was a seat for the passenger.
Secondly came a 4hp model with a water-cooled engine mounted behind the rear axle. This also had two-speed gearing. The driver sat at the front end and the passenger sat behind.
If deemed powerful enough, further seating for one or two extra passengers could be added.
The make was also known as the Hillsdon.
Sources of Information
The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press 2004 ISBN 1 86126 674 X