Eagle Engineering and Motor Co
1901-1908 Produced cars and motorcycles from Altrincham and then Leeds.
Set up by Ralph Jackson
1903 The machine was a heavy forecar with a De Dion engine that appeared to be more of a cyclecar than a motorcycle.
1904 Water-cooled 4.5hp, 6hp or 9hp two-speed engines were listed. There was also a model with a 4.5hp Fafnir engine, but production was limited.
Sources of Information
- The Autocar 1902/11/22
- Burnley Gazette - Saturday 29 March 1902
- The London Gazette Publication date:13 January 1905 Issue:27754 Page:347
- Automotor Journal 1907/12/14
- Automotor Journal 1907/12/21
- The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press 2004 ISBN 1 86126 674 X
- The Encyclopedia of the Motorcycle by Peter Henshaw. Published 2007. ISBN 978 1 8401 3967 9
- Beaulieu Encyclopedia of the Automobile