E. J. West and Co
later West Limited of South Molton Street, London
1897 West began designing cars, quadricycles, tricycles and motorcycles. (He also manufactured under the name of Progress Cycle Co).
The company went on to produce over five hundred vehicles before going into liquidation in November 1903.
c.1905 West set up West Ltd; continued making cars, including the ‘West’ Light Car and others.
The Academy was an English dual-control car built by E. J. West and Co of Coventry between 1906 and 1908. The car had a 14 hp 4-cylinder engine by White and Poppe. It was mainly sold to the Motor Academy in London, an early driving school who were probably the first to offer dual control but was also available to the general public.
1906 The company showed at the 1906 Olympia Show.
1906. Cars with British chassis and French engines. Produced 10-12 h.p., 12-14 h.p. (both twin-cylinder), 15 h.p. (four-cylinder), 15 h.p. (six-cylinder) and 20-22 h.p. (four-cylinder) models. 
Sources of Information
- The Automobile Vol. III. Edited by Paul N. Hasluck and published by Cassell in 1906.
-  Wikipedia
- Coventry’s Motorcar Heritage by Damien Kimberley. 2012. ISBN 978 0 7524 5448 1