E. G. Acheson
E. G. Acheson of Prince Rock, Plymouth. Also, of 9 Gayfere Street, Westminster, S.W.1.
Founded by Edward Goodrich Acheson.
1890 Discovered Carboundum. 
1910 "The firm of Messrs. E. G. Acheson, Limited, was established in 1910 for the manufacture of graphited lubricants in this country, and a factory was erected at Plymouth. An illustrated description of these works appeared in Engineering, vol. xcvi, page 773 (1913), and it is there stated that Plymouth was chosen because an ample supply of soft water, essential to the manufacture of aquadag, was available."
1913 Consolidated the various companies making Oildag and Aquadag lubricants to be operated from the company head office in Chancery Lane; manufacturing in England was moved from Camborne to Plymouth and enlarged
1937 Manufacturers of "dag" brand colloidal products. "Oildag" Colloidal Graphite Products.
1940 Advert for lubrication.
1945 Advert for colloidal graphite.
See Acheson Colloids
Sources of Information
- The Engineer 1896/02/14
- Engineering 1931/07/10
- The Times, Jan 28, 1914
- Mechanical World Year Book 1940. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p119
- Mechanical World Year Book 1945. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p141
- 1937 The Aeroplane Directory of the Aviation and Allied Industries