Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 134,742 pages of information and 213,800 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of 14 Regent Street, London
of 14 and 16 Holloway head, Birmingham (1896)
of Alma Street, Coventry (1896)
1896 May . The Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Company Limited was registered on 6 May, to take over the business of the Pneumatic Tyre Co as well as acquire the Clincher patents from Palmer Tyre Ltd and Westwood Rim patents and machinery for their manufacture which was then owned by the Cycle Components Manufacturing Co Ltd together with licences for manufacturing same which had been granted to the Stafford Manufacturing Co Ltd, Barton and Loudon, and the Westwood Manufacturing Co Ltd. The company was one of those promoted by E. T. Hooley. The directors were:
The shareholders listed were
1896, at the age of 56, John Boyd Dunlop transferred control of the patent and the company to William Harvey Du Cros. In return he was given 1,500 shares in the new company, which still bore his name, and he retired to Dublin. 
1896 Dunlop Cycle Co was formed by Dunlop. The name was later changed because of conflict of interest in making pneumatic tyres as well as bicycles. The new name chosen for its bicycle producing arm made use of the Ariel trademark, which had been acquired with an earlier acquisition by Dunlop. The result was the Ariel Cycle Co. Advertising referred to "Ariel late Dunlop"
1897 onward. Very litigous period as they tried to defend their patents.
1902 Initially the Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Co sub-contracted manufacture but by 1902 it had its own manufacturing subsidiary in Birmingham.
1907 Lost their case to stop the Dunlop Motor Company of Kilmarnock using that name. 
1912 August. Financial issues between the company and the Dunlop Rubber Co. It was agreed to amalgamate the two companies with transfer of assets and goodwill of this company to the Dunlop Rubber Co. The Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Co would change its name to the Parent Tyre Co to avoid confusion as it continued to pay dividends to its shareholders.