Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,850 pages of information and 228,791 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Dunlop, Bremner and Co. of Port Glasgow, shipbuilders
1870s The yard made shallow-draft craft and cable ships.
1881 Cunliffe retired and Dunlop carried on alone until 1911, building over 100 ships of different sizes and types. The yard was most well known for building a series of large tankers for British, German and American oil and petrol companies.
Name given as David J. Dunlop and Co
1911 David Dunlop died. Donald Bremner took over the yard and retained the Dunlop name as Dunlop, Bremner and Co.
1914 Shipbuilders, engineers, boilermakers and repairers. Specialities: passenger and cargo steamers, bulk oil-carrying and cable-laying steamers, light draft paddle, stern wheel and twin screw steamers, steam yachts of all sizes. 
WWI: The yard made three "Flower" class sloops, four paddle minesweepers, six twin-screw minesweepers and dumb barges for the Admiralty. In addition four "H" type standard coasters were also made.
1919 The Lithgow Brothers took over the yard. Dunlop, Bremner and Co continued trading until 1926 when it ran out of work.
1926 The yard closed. No more vessels were built by the firm and the company went into liquidation. For many years this firm held a high reputation for the building of oil tank steamers, cable steamers, fruit carriers, light draught vessels, high-class passenger steamers of medium size, and steam yachts. For the past six years or so the company formed part of a large group of shipbuilding, engineering, coal and ironworks, controlled by Lithgows, Ltd., shipbuilders, of Port-Glasgow.
1933 The yard was purchased by National Shipbuilders Security in March. A restrictive covenant was placed on the yard banning shipbuilding there for forty years.