Dundalk, Newry and Greenore Railway
of Euston Station, London
The 26 miles long railway was originally conceived in the 1860s as the Dundalk and Enniskillen Railway to provide a link between these towns and the London and North Western Railway port at Greenore, from where a ferry service operated to Holyhead.
1863 Company was incorporated.
1873 The railway was opened from Greenore to Dundalk
1876 Line extended to Newry three years later.
The London and North Western Railway eventually became the owners and the provider of its locomotives and stock, the locomotives coming from its Crewe works.
1908 The line was 26.5 miles in length. 
The railway passed to the London, Midland and Scottish Railway in 1923 but an agreement was reached in 1933 for the line to be worked by the Great Northern Railway (Ireland). The line closed on 31st December 1951 but was not finally wound up until 1957 by act of consent.
Sources of Information
-  Wikipedia
- The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908