Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 126,805 pages of information and 199,900 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Doublebois was at the summit of the Cornwall Railway. A siding was provided here when it opened on 4 May 1859 to enable trains to be split into smaller parts to enable them to be worked over the steep inclines up from Liskeard and Bodmin Road.
In January 1860 the railway company was asked to provide a facility here for goods traffic, which they acceded to after local people subscribed £130 towards it and offered the necessary land. Because of this the company offered to build an accompanying passenger station.
The station opened on 1 June 1860, providing a service to people and mines in the St Neot area.
The station has since been closed (5 October 1964) but the earthworks can still be seen.