Nautical and instrument makers of 57 Bothwell Street, Glasgow.
1841 The company was established by Alexander Dobbie.
1881 After the death of the founder the name changed to Alexander Dobbie and Son.
1896 The firm was incorporated as Alexander Dobbie and Son Limited, with capital of £10,000, to acquire and carry on the business of opticians and instrument makers belonging to Alexander Dobbie and Son and John Clark Dobbie, sole partner thereof, 45 Clyde Place, Glasgow.
1902 Name changed to Dobbie McInnes Ltd.
1911 Catalogue on automatic diagram recording indicators and other testing instruments, and specialties for steam and gas engines. Also circulars dealing with Messenger's furnace deformation indicator for gauging the circularity of boiler furnaces and cylinders, Th McInnes-Dobbie marine Bourdon gauge, a portable dynamometer, the Hopkinson flashlight engine indicator.
1914 Manufacturers and patentees of nautical and engineering instruments. Specialities: "McInnes-Dobbie" patent engine indicators, pressure and explosion recorders and all accessories for indicating purposes; improved Bourdon pressure, vacuum and hydraulic gauges; revolution counters, furnace deformation indicators and high-class engine and boiler fittings; Dobbie's patent compass and sounding machine, ships' clocks, aneroids, binoculars, telescopes and general navigational instruments; also official chart agents. 
Sources of Information
- The Scotsman 18 January 1896
- The Engineer 1911/04/21 p 422.
- 1914 Whitakers Red Book
- The Times, Jun 01, 1967
- National Records of Scotland BT2/1979/708