Dialight of Newmarket is a company specialising in light-emitting diode lighting for hazardous locations
1938 Company founded in Brooklyn, NY, producing instrument panel lights for aircraft
1971 Introduced its first LED devices
1983 Company renamed PED.
1990 Dialight Ltd was incorporated in the UK
BLP became part of the Dialight plc group of companies.
2005 Roxboro sold its other businesses to concentrate on the applied LED business and changed its name to Dialight
2006 BLP Components Ltd adopted the new name of Dialight BLP, part of Dialight plc.
2011 Dialight BLP Ltd was renamed Dialight Europe Ltd; Dialight plc moved the headquarters of the group to the Newmarket site and merged Dialight Lumidrives Ltd with Dialight Europe Ltd.
2012 After a strategic review of the Utility Switch business, the name of subsidiary Belling Lee (which was non-trading) was changed to BLP Disconnect and purchased the utility switch business from fellow subsidiary Dialight Europe. The business was concerned with supplying electromagnetic disconnect components to the utility markets. Dialight Group sold the Switch business.
2013 The name of BLP Disconnect was changed to Dialight Disconnect and the company ceased trading.
Sources of Information
- The Times, August 24, 1988
- Companies House filing
- 1991 Cambridge Electronic Industries Annual report
- The Times, September 20, 2000
- 2012 Annual report
-  Company web site